Links to Third-Party Sites
While browsing the website, you may encounter hypertext links which redirect you to third-party websites that are owned, maintained, or operated by parties other than the Company. These third-party websites are not under the control of the Company and the Company is not responsible for the contents, links or any changes or updates to these websites. Further, the inclusion of any hypertext links on the website does not imply endorsement by the Company of the related third-party website, the website’s contents, or any association or affiliation with its operators. These third-party websites may send cookies, log your IP address, and otherwise collect data or solicit personal information from you. The Company is not responsible for data collected by these third-party websites or any related unauthorized access to your data or use of services as a result of browsing these sites, even if such use was not authorized by you. The Company does not control and is not responsible for how these websites handle or use any such personal information.
You may be asked by the Company to submit personal identifying information (i.e. Company account number, name, email address, address, phone number, etc.) when requesting services on the website. You may also be asked to submit additional personal or financial information to use certain specific services offered by the Company. We will protect all information that you provide us on the website, as set forth below.
- The personal information that you provide us enables you to access various customer services offered on the website. We may use this information to contact you to respond to an inquiry or a request for services that you send to the Company. If you choose to communicate with the Company by email, then email from the Company to you will be considered to be sent with your consent and will be accessible to anyone who has access to your email.
- In order to provide you with services offered on the website, or to complete transactions or requests initiated by you on the website, we may transfer you to the websites operated by third parties that help us provide services to you. In such cases, we will have agreements with those parties under which they will agree to maintain confidentiality of your personal information and to use it only for the purpose of helping us serve you.
- The Company will not collect or sell your information for commercial purposes to third parties or provide your personal information to third parties for the purpose of telemarketing, email or direct mail solicitation.
- Other than as set forth herein, the Company will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your written consent (which consent may be obtained electronically, such as by email) unless we reasonably believe that the disclosure is essential to the conduct of the Company’s business, including but not limited to:
- Compliance with the law, legal process, or regulatory compliance
- Enabling the Company’s employees or consultants to provide service to you and/or to otherwise perform their duties
- Resolving customer disputes or inquiries
- Obtaining and providing credit reporting information
Warranties and Limitation of Liability
The Company uses reasonable methods to ensure accurate and up-to-date information on this website; however, the Company makes no representation as to the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of said information. By using this website, you agree that the information included herein is provided “as is,” “as available,” and that you use this site at your own risk.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer’s hard drive by web page servers. When you visit the website, the Company may utilize “session” cookies, which allow us to verify when you travel from page to page within our online service applications. Data on website usage that we collect using cookies is not tied to your personal information and is only used in aggregate form.
In order to improve the usefulness of the website for our visitors, we automatically collect and maintain statistical information from the website’s data logs that concern network traffic flow and volume (“Traffic Data”). This Traffic Data consists of:
- Name of the domain, or URL, from which the visitor accesses the Internet;
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address;
- Type of web browser used; and
- Date and time the website was visited.
Traffic Data does not identify individual visitors. It is used to highlight what our visitors find interesting, to improve the website’s design specification, to identify performance issues, and for other internal purposes.
In areas of our website where “personal information” is acquired, the Company uses industry-standard security technology – Secure Socket Layer (SSL) – to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal and financial information. Your browser must be capable of supporting SSL.
As requested by the Company, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Southwest Gas Holdings and its subsidiaries and affiliates from all claims, liabilities and expenses that arise from misuse of the site. The Company reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter, at its own expense, otherwise subject to indemnification by you.
Questions or Suggestions
Last updated January 2017